Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Leonardo Tech

I polled the other Basement Generals about which (of my many) projects they'd like to see me finish first. The majority wanted me to finish what I call Leonardo Tech project. This basically combines steampunk with the Renaissance in a "what if" Leonardo Da Vinci had actually finished all those wonderful war machines. Most of the figures could of course be used as regular historical troops (although they're a bit to uniform, in a world that wasn't).
I'll be posting a few pictures along the way. here are the first, handgunners and halberdiers. I'm basing the squads on 10 man units, which is standard for G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T., the rules I'm tweeking to fit this era.

6 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Neat!



-- Jeff

abdul666 said...

A very exciting project!

Then, what about having Leonardo's machine occasionally 'moonlighting' in a 'parallel' 18th C. Unkerlant to obtain a Lacepunk setting ("Munchausen meets Da Vinci")?
Would maybe join up with / revive your own 'SW Baroque' project...

Cheers,
Jean-Louis

Eli Arndt said...

This has always been one of those dream projects for me. I lack the modelling skills to actually do any of it.

I am surprised that some enterprising miniatures artist/company hasn't tried a line of this nature.

BaronVonJ said...

Most of my "engines of war" are directly from GW's Empire range. Other than a few specialty troops, I can just use straight Renaissance miniatures.
On the Unkerlant front, Armies are reforming for another campaign season.
As far as SW Baroque, I've ordered some Copplestone Glory of Sun figures for just that. My big stopping point are the Strumtruppen. I've got some heavy conversion to do.
-J

Frankfurter said...

who manufactured the figures?
:)
A
(take no note of the recognition word given for my post = "excon")
LOL

BaronVonJ said...

Halberdiers are Old Glory, while the hand gunners are a mix of Foundry and GW.
The Italian Wars range by OG are some of their better miniatures.
-J