Friday, February 10, 2012

Games and plans

Last night was a change, as we did a boardgame instead of the usual battles. I haven't finished any new armies, so I've been recycling games for awhile. I've hit that dry spell we all get, where I just can't get into painting.
Some of it has to do with the fact that most of the guys I play with all have different projects, so putting together an army falls on one person. We've kinda got a group Dystopian Wars thing building, but I wasted a lot of time on one fleet that another member is already doing.
Lead Addict and I have discussed 10mm Marlburian, but I've already painted quite a few for my Unkerlant Imagi-Nation. If I paint more 10mm, it should go for that.
I'm really excited about SAGA, but that is essentially a 2 player game.
The army I'm closest to "finishing" is my Italian Wars Renaissance stuff. But that's going to require a lot more painting, and I know as soon as Warlord releases their Pike and Shotte BlackPowder rules, I'll drop everything for that.
To get out of this rut, in the past, I've painted a bunch of singles of different sizes, just to get that feeling of finishing something. But, even that has proven difficult. As soon as I start, I can here the explosions in the next room as the Boy plows through Modern Warfare 3. I am soon drawn to the action and suddenly 3 hours have gone by.

2 comments:

Lead Addict said...

I know the feeling. Variety is the spice of life.

I'm gonna do some fantasy next.

But I am pretty sure when Mass Effect 3 comes out, I am toast.

BaronVonJ said...

After work, nothing calms me down more than a Jameson, and some killing.