Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Vacation GASLIGHT

I took last week off. Didn't go anywhere, but as they say, "a bad day at home is better than a good day at work." Got some painting done and still squeezed in a GASLIGHT game with the rest of the Basement Generals.
Emboldened by their last victory and recovery of "the Visitor", the Germans (boo, hiss) pressed their attack. This time it was a small town. Could the outnumbered garrison hold out til reinforcements arrived?
As it turns out they could. A French Aeronef dropped marines and regulars just as the German Rokkittruppen assaulted the town.
The very thin red line

German troops advance

The French arrive

Artillery duels with Klankers
Another fun game. One of reasons I like these rules is the ease of throwing a game together. I'm never sure who's going to show week to week. So the ability to grow or shrink a game is a must. Plus, the rules themselves are a blast. Now, back to painting Swiss...

4 comments:

Jason Meyers said...

Good stuff! Looks like a fun time.

Jason

Wes said...

Great looking stuff! Can I ask ware you got the little tanks from and about what size they are. I was thinking they would be just right for my 15mm Orc.
Thanks,
Noel

BaronVonJ said...

GZG still carries them I believe. They would be big for 15mm, but they're small for 28mm.

Wes said...

Thanks.