Thursday, February 14, 2013
Happy Heart Day
The Baroness and I made a deal long ago. I would buy her gifts and flowers on any other day than today. And though I am literally surrounded by cards all day, I do not buy them. With little effort on my part, I tell her everyday of my undying love and devotion to her. Because it's true. A woman who bought me a FULL SIZE metal Captain America shield and Thor's Mjolnir hammer and lets me hang them proudly in the living room, ids a keeper. When asked about the room next the bar, that in any other household would have been a pool room or lounge, she said "this would make a great game room." Last week the Basement Generals asked, loud enough for the Baroness to hear, "will there be a game on Valentine's Day?" She laughed and said "why wouldn't there be?"
Gentlemen, I am truly blessed.
But, in response to Lead Addict's post of what he loves, in no particular order:
- The lovely aforementioned Baroness and the children she has given me.
- I love my Thursdays. Half the time I don't play but ref. But, I get to drink with my buddies and see the fruits of labors march across the field to their doom.
- I love history. Nothing can get my gamer ADD going more than a good period book or movie. But I hate how most people no nothing of it.
- I love how the internets has expanded our hobby. What I thought was a crazy niche a small community, is a bright, vibrant place. Whenever I need inspiratu I just check out my favorites.
- I love a good cigar, good booze (be it beer or liquor), and a nice sausage.
- I love shooting stuff online. When I was little, my whole neighborhood turned out for "war" or "guns". Now I can still do it with a giant online community. Back then, I "died" a lot too.
Tonight, we'll game. I'm doing a take on the St Valentine's Day massacre. But, lacking 1930s buildings, this will be more like the movie "last Man Standing".
Enjoy today, poor suckers. And like Lead Addict said, it's okay to love your toys, but you can't take them with you. UNless you're a Chinese Emporer.
Note: the above image was used for the invite to our 1st Wedding Anniversary party, with the words "The Honeymoon is over".