Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Update

As you may have noticed, no new game AARs. A particularly brutal work and practice schedule has left me having cancel game night a few times, but I thought I'd show what I'm working on.
These are older High Elves doing double duty as Melniboneans. Since GW blatantly ripped off Michael Moorcock's books to create their history and design for High Elves, I thought it only fitting.
In Elric, the Melniboneans are described with "yellow" armor. You can take this as really yellow, or gold. Being alchemists, real yellow is a possibility so I tried true yellow on a test figure and though it looked cool, it was too much for a unit. Gold it is.
These guys still need another coat to their shields to make them opaque. Then, pop them off their slots and "green stuff" them to a base.
They will be fielded alongside my troops for the Campaign for the Kingdom. Orcs and Trolls have already shown their ugly mugs there, time for the good guys to get backup.
I also want to try them in Mayhem, Fantasy Mass Battle system. This little set shows some potential and I'll probably playtest some weekend before trying it with the Basement Generals. Or they get a couple extra stands and get used in Hail Caesar Fantasy.
You might also have noticed some Gendarmes hiding back there. Yes, they taunt me....

4 comments:

Lead Addict said...

Me likey.

Always nice to see more troops added to FoC.

Maybe some 28mm fantasy is what I need to get out of this funk.

Simon Quinton said...

Nice job some good old Classic High elves!

Cluck Amok said...

You know I loves me some Melniboneans! I always thought the whole "Young Kingdoms" concept would be a good way to throw all those historical ancient armies that never fought each other into a campaign hopper.

BaronVonJ said...

Nah, that's best suited for Conan. Those ARE direct historical armies.