Monday, January 9, 2012

You know where are?.....

...you're in the dungeon, baby. You're gonna diiiiiieeeee!
Well not really a dungeon, but my Fantasy arena with geomorphic tiles. Each 6 x 6 inch square is movable giving lots of variation. The whole thing gives 2 x2 feet of gameable area. Which doesn't sound like much, but is in fact, more than enough. I've been using a version of the Goal System game engine, where characters start out roughly the same with "upgrades" and traps scattered about. There's teleport squares and chances for bigger nasties to appear. Great fun for a convention or quick throw down.
all the pieces are made from 1" thick pink insulation foam. Just cut to size, score with a dull pencil to make tiles, bricks, etc. then dry brush. Whole thing took surprisingly little time.

4 comments:

Spacejacker said...

Love it! I must finish my sci-fi module set...

BaronVonJ said...

Each square is 1 inch, so I could use 28s or 15s. Right now, just have the 16 blocks, but they were so easy, I could make more.

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

It looks great! I always wanted something like this for my D&D adventures back in the early 80s, but I lacked both the modelling know-how to do it myself, and the funds to purchase ready-made gear. Nice work.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Fitz-Badger said...

Looks great! And should be pretty lightweight.